Durian

They are here again. Ah.... the smell. The prick of its thorns. The shaking of the fruits and yes, the heavenly taste when the sweet pulp touches your tongue. Yes, it's durian season again. And yes, I get more excited about durian compared to football. Compared to the ball of football which comes only in one size and one shape, at least durian has many variants to it. There are the D24 (my personal favorite), D2, 101, D13, Ang Heh (Red Prawn), Kunyit, Musang and many many more. Durian comes in different sizes and shapes. At least, durian is not boring. They give you different flavor and texture. They are sweet and cause you to sleep after gorging on it. Just make sure you don't drink Coke after a hearty meal of durian in place of your regular dinner. Durian gives you a lot of pleasant surprises too. For example, an unassuming looking durian when pried open can give you the sweetest tasting fruit and so full of flesh the seed is nothing bigger than your thumb (this is Musang and indeed value for every cents). And talking about the best durian, I have not tried the Penang ones. Now, if I get to go to Penang, then I will definitely try those in Penang. I heard that they are cheaper and nicer. I will definitely eat to my heart's content after all the uncertainty of my going to Penang and having to contend with noises from the world cup crowd in the middle of the night. Durian, durian... what to do? I find you a better company than watching football and engaging in decision making about Penang trip with my colleagues. Hm... anyone for midnight durian feast?

No Response to "Durian"

Post a Comment